A walkaround is an inspection visit from an Autozen expert at a time and place that is safe and convenient for you. They will take photos and gather your car's details plus they'll take it for a quick test drive.
This is an important step that allows us to create a comprehensive listing that is an accurate representation of your unique car.
Completing the in-person walkaround will allow us to showcase your car to our large network of buyers that trust our thorough process and will provide offers with the same confidence as if they were seeing your vehicle themselves. This investment by Autozen is what makes our service more valuable than an online instant cash offer or services that ask you to take your own pictures and upload them.
How to prepare for your walkaround
- Have your keys ready
- The vehicle is insured to drive
- License plate is installed
- Quick tidy up inside the vehicle
- Quick clean on the exterior to remove dirt
- Have your extra set of tires ready (if applicable)
- Remove any snow and/or ice (if applicable)
- For the best photos, select an appointment during daylight or choose a location with good lighting
What you can expect:
You’ll receive a notification when your friendly Autozen Expert is on their way, one hour before their arrival. You can even track their location. Once they arrive, there isn’t much you have to worry about. All you need to do is hand your keys to the inspector and go on with your day!
Upon meeting your Autozen expert they will:
- Take the keys to the car
- Ask you about any major things to disclose
- Complete the inspection
- Hand you an FAQ sheet
- The visit will last approximately 30-45 minutes
What your Autozen expert does:
- Takes photos of the inside & outside of your car
- Notes your vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Inspects the outside, inside and all surfaces; tests buttons and knobs to make sure everything works such as the sunroof, heated seats etc.
- Investigates any scratches and use a tool to check the depth
- Takes a 5-minute test drive:
- Checks the car's performance
- Checks steering alignment
- Checks AC/Heat
- Completes an OBD2 Scan - Not applicable for Electric Vehicles:
- This industry-standard device is inserted and connects via Bluetooth
- It scans the vehicle and provides us with any failure codes and a health report in PDF format.
- It’s important to note that this step is only used to scan information, the OBD2 device does not make any changes to your vehicle.
- Looks under the hood:
- Tests the battery when accessible
- Checks oil
- Looks for leaks
- Completes other visual checks
- Checks tire treads and brake pads
- Uploads your car's completed profile to the Autozen platform
- Enters your car into the first available auction (within 1-2 business days)
What tires are needed? Are winter tires necessary?
During the inspection process, we will take your vehicle for a test drive. If conditions are snowy or icy your car must have winter tires installed. However, please have your regular tires close by so we can take photos of all tire sets that will be sold with your car.
Once you have an accepted offer from Autozen, winter tires are no longer necessary. However, please have all sets of tires ready and available to be picked up.
What happens after my walkaround?
You have an offer!
Congrats! You'll receive your offer straight to your phone. Once you receive your offer, you can accept it or decline it. There’s no obligation to accept.
No offer yet?
If you don't receive an offer we'll will reach out to discuss your options. We assess car book values closely every day so we’ll be able to update you on the supply and demand of your vehicle to help get the most fair offer.
Selling with Autozen is simple
Forget the complexity and we’ll take care of everything to sell it on your behalf.